Monday 23 November 2015

Police two fraudsters in Lagos

 Police two fraudsters in Lagos
Operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS), Lagos State Police Command, has arrested two suspected fraudsters who swindled a victim of his N10, 000 and two mobile phones in Ojota area of the metropolis.
The suspects identified as Jerry Etiobho, from Uromi in Edo State, and Emeka Ogu, from Mbaise area of Imo State were said to have escaped from their victim identified as Lawan Muhammed but the squad gave them a hot pursuit and succeeded in arrested them.
The police said the suspects had on Saturday, November 21, 2015 accosted Lawan Muhammed around Ojota, pretending to be seeking his assistance.

The police said Etiobho pretended to be an importer whose goods were seized by the Nigerian Customs.
He lied to Muhammed that he had a lot of dollars to change. Muhammed said, “They collected my phones and N10, 000 and directed me to go and help them to change one US dollar in Ikeja. I was on my way when I realized that they were fraudsters because when I turned back to collect all they had taken from me and to return their one dollar, they took to their heels before they were arrested by RRS.”
Etiobho in his confessional statement said, “I convinced the victim that my consignment containing laptop, desktop computers and office equipment were impounded by the Nigeria Customs, and that what I have on me were foreign currencies. I told him to go and help me to change one dollar while I collected his phones and N10,000. He agreed and then later turned back and we decided to escape.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Young lady allegedly kidnapped in Abuja, abductors tell family "you will never see her again"

  An Istanbul-based Nigerian man, Iwuala Nnamdi has said his cousin, Favour Amajor, was kidnapped in Abuja.  The young lady was last seen at...