That's the trending discussion right now on social media. Presidential
spokesperson Reuben Abati a few hours ago announced the sack of SURE-P
boss, Martin Luther Agwai, and now there are reports that he was sacked
for attending former president Obasanjo’s birthday event last week.
Premium Times understands reliably that Mr. Agwai was fired for
flouting a presidential instruction that no government official or
member of the ruling PDP, should attend the
birthday event of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, last week.
Sources within the presidency told Premium Times that all government
functionaries were instructed by President Jonathan to boycott Mr.
Obasanjo’s birthday event.
Our sources said when informed of the president’s warning, Mr. Agwai,
who climbed to the pinnacle of his career under the Obasanjo
administration, said he will go ahead and attend the function, more so,
in view of the president’s directive. Our sources said for daring the president, it was clear Mr. Agwai would be fired.
One source said it appears Mr. Agwai was informed ahead of the
announcement of his removal Tuesday, as the former defence chief arrived
early at the SURE-P office to pack his belongings.
Mr. Agwai himself replaced Christopher Kolade, who left office after criticising the president
No comments:
Post a Comment