Thursday 19 February 2015

Cartoon Artist Interprets What Drake’s Lyrics Really Mean With Funny Illustrations



Drake is one of the most quotable artists in the rap game right now. Partly due to the fact it’s incredibly easy to relate to his lyrics, the rapper’s work gets frequently scrutinized by hip-hop heads.
Illustrator James Clapham chose a slightly different approach, examining some of Drizzy’s most crucial songs, including “Say What’s Real,” “Headlines,” “Hold On, We’re Going Home,” “I’m On One,” and a few more. Interpreting the rapper’s fundamental bars, he drew cartoons based on his quotes.
It’s 2008 I’m trying to paint the picture</p>
<p>– “0 To 100 / The Catch Up”
It’s 2008 I’m trying to paint the picture
– “0 To 100 / The Catch Up”
Swangin’, eyes closed just swangin’</p>
<p>– “Connect”
Swangin’, eyes closed just swangin’
– “Connect”
Told you bout giving him chances on chances on chances</p>
<p>– “Days In The East”
Told you bout giving him chances on chances on chances
– “Days In The East”
One of us goes in, and we all go through it</p>
<p>– “Headlines”
One of us goes in, and we all go through it
– “Headlines”
I just take my time with all this s***, I still believe in tha
I just take my time with all this s***, I still believe in tha
Crazy how even when it miss you, s***’ll come back around and get you</p>
<p>– “How Bout Now”
Crazy how even when it miss you, s***’ll come back around and get you
– “How Bout Now”
But get it while you’re here boy, cause all that hype don’t feel the same next year boy</p>
<p>– “I’m On 1
But get it while you’re here boy, cause all that hype don’t feel the same next year boy
– “I’m On 1
I think maybe I was numb to it last year, but you know I feel it now more than ever</p>
<p>– Over My Dead
I think maybe I was numb to it last year, but you know I feel it now more than ever
– Over My Dead
Nd everybdy talks, nd everybody listens,but somhow D truth always comes up missing –“Say Whats real
Nd every bdy talks, and everybody listens,but somehow D truth always comes up missing –“Say Whats real”
Soon as I stop having fun with it I’ll be done with it</p>
<p>– “Too Much”
Soon as I stop having fun with it I’ll be done with it
– “Too Much”
I piece letters together and get to talkin’ reckless</p>
<p>– “Tuscan Leather”
I piece letters together and get to talkin’ reckless
– “Tuscan Leather”
I can’t get over you, you left your mark on me</p>
<p>– “Hold On, We’re Going Home”
I can’t get over you, you left your mark on me
– “Hold On, We’re Going Home”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Young lady allegedly kidnapped in Abuja, abductors tell family "you will never see her again"

  An Istanbul-based Nigerian man, Iwuala Nnamdi has said his cousin, Favour Amajor, was kidnapped in Abuja.  The young lady was last seen at...